August 2022 Chapter Ride Out
Our monthly chapter Ride out was an ambitious first effort for apprentice Road Captain, Connor Fitzsimmons, taking a healthy turn out of bikes about 23, riders and pillions right across Scotland from WCHD to just outside St Andrews, using mostly back roads. Fortunately, the ride out was on a Sunday morning and the bikes didn’t get too broken up by traffic on the way out the north side of the city then out via Lennoxtyown, Kilsyth, and then up to Airth Services for the first stop of the day.
After a coffee and a leg stretch, the chapter carried on across into Clackmannanshire and then onto Fife around Dunfermline, Lochgelly, Kirkaldy and Leven before turning up across the East neuk towards Crail and Scotlands Secret Bunker.
There were a couple of drop-offs and wrong turns caused by some pretty significant road works that we hit out beyond Leven but everyone arrived safe and sound and it was a brilliant effort on a tricky route by the young Jigger prodigy.
As the day wore on the weather improved from threatening with the odd light shower to actually quite a warm day. The Secret Bunker was a very interesting venue to visit and evoked quite a lot of memories for various groups of the chapter harking back to the ’80’s.
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Winterfest 2022Winterfest got the festive season off to a rocking start last night with the Clyde Valley HOG Chapter annual end-of-season shindig held at the Glasgow Hard Rock Cafe. … More Winterfest 2022
- 2022 End of Season Mystery RideThe Chapter met up for one final ride out of the 2022 season at WCHD to head for ….who knows where? … More 2022 End of Season Mystery Ride
- Peebles Shop Ride Out October 2022After a very wet Friday, a small group of hardy members took to the road led by Davie Fulton accompanied by Cath, and ably assisted by Tommy for a shop ride out on Saturday. … More Peebles Shop Ride Out October 2022
- RTTW 2022A Clyde Valley contingent took part once again this year in the annual remembrance event to the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire. Ride To The … More RTTW 2022
- South Queensferry Ride Out ’22A gloriously sunny, dry day and a good turnout of chapter members headed a back roads route through North Lanarkshire and West Lothian arriving at … More South Queensferry Ride Out ’22
- Clyde Valley Does Thunder In The Glens ’22It’s August and it must be Thunder In The Glens, the biggest Harley rally in the UK hosted in Aviemore by our friends from across east, Dunedin HOG. … More Clyde Valley Does Thunder In The Glens ’22