Lochgoilhead was due to be the destination for the mass ride out at The Gathering, our Chapter Rally held at Hunters Quay, Dunoon.
The ride is well known for its dramatic scenery, so it was a huge disappointment when the rideout had to be called off due to horrific weather overnight and throughout the Saturday of the rally.
So the chapter made good on its promise to visit this fairly isolated community on a shop ride out from West Coast HD on the 30th July.
The road down to the village from the top of the Rest and Be Thankful is definitely not for the faint-hearted but the welcome the chapter received made it well worth the ride. The road down is a series of tight and steep hairpin turns often with blind crests.
The chapter got involved in the festivities of the day before being waved off by all at the gala day as we headed to Dunoon, in itself not an insignificant run and then on to the ferry for the motorway ride back.
This correspondent is not a great fan of motorway rides generally as they are pretty tedious affairs in the most part, but trust me, this was a ride that left most of those that took part buzzing for days afterwards. A total BLAST!
If you weren’t there you really missed out.
Read more of what we have been up to in the items below
- Winterfest 2022Winterfest got the festive season off to a rocking start last night with the Clyde Valley HOG Chapter annual end-of-season shindig held at the Glasgow Hard Rock Cafe. … More Winterfest 2022
- 2022 End of Season Mystery RideThe Chapter met up for one final ride out of the 2022 season at WCHD to head for ….who knows where? … More 2022 End of Season Mystery Ride
- Peebles Shop Ride Out October 2022After a very wet Friday, a small group of hardy members took to the road led by Davie Fulton accompanied by Cath, and ably assisted by Tommy for a shop ride out on Saturday. … More Peebles Shop Ride Out October 2022
- RTTW 2022A Clyde Valley contingent took part once again this year in the annual remembrance event to the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire. Ride To The … More RTTW 2022
- South Queensferry Ride Out ’22A gloriously sunny, dry day and a good turnout of chapter members headed a back roads route through North Lanarkshire and West Lothian arriving at … More South Queensferry Ride Out ’22
- Clyde Valley Does Thunder In The Glens ’22It’s August and it must be Thunder In The Glens, the biggest Harley rally in the UK hosted in Aviemore by our friends from across east, Dunedin HOG. … More Clyde Valley Does Thunder In The Glens ’22